Working with a client during academic coaching allows for direct skills development around life and academic skills that can improve a students approach to learning in and out of the classroom.
When working with a client with ADHD, academic coaching can be integral to developing strong academic habits and learning the skills for success. As a coach, I will work with the client to understand their academic deficiencies and journey together as you learn and practice using different strategies.
Areas that we can develop include:
- Study Skills:
– Note taking
– Reading comprehension
– Writing essays and papers
- Time Management and Organization:
– Sleep habits
– Learning when to study
– Day to day time management and allocation
- Dealing with procrastination
- Finding and maintaining motivation
- Coping with stress and academic performance issues
- Understanding and utilizing available resources